Welcome to the People's Time Exchange
Welcome! **If you are creating a new account, please list your username as your FIRST (space) LAST name. It should look like: John Doe, not johndoe, john.doe, doejohn, or any other combination. Thank you!**
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the cycle of sharing will grow and:
- Strengthen the fabric of our community.
- Serve people and give them a means to serve.
- Establish new relationships and meet real needs of our community members.
Membership Orientation Meetings
Contact us if you would like to schedule a membership orientation in your community!
Small group membership orientations may also be available on an informal basis from our volunteer coordinators.
Getting Started with the People's Time Exchange:
- Read the How To Use the People's Time Exchange document.
- Create a login using your first and last name as your username, and fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation.
- Offer other members the use of your skills and talents by posting a Service Ad (select "Offer" as the Ad Type).
- Enter requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the People's Time Exchange:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and then save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members. Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.